Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seventh Day Slump

Well, these pictures show a little girl who is happy and ready to go to school, but her little heart changed as we pulled into the parking lot this morning. It all started when she was eating breakfast and asked me why I was getting dressed. I told her that I was bringing her to school. She said that she didn't want to go to school; she wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese with me for my birthday. I explained to her that today wasn't my birthday, and we weren't going to Chuck E. Cheese. She seemed okay. She was a little quiet on the drive to school, but Kenidy and Camryn were chattering away, so I didn't think much about it. But when we arrived at school, she said it again: "I don't want to go to school". We walked Kenidy and Camryn to their classrooms and then had a little talk outside of her's because she wouldn't go in. I finally carried her in and sat at her table for a few minutes with her and read her a book. When Mrs. Morel was ready to start class, I told Delaney that I would wait by the door for a few minutes. She really didn't cry much, but she was pitiful! I waited in the hallway outside of her door and saw Mrs. Morel give her a tissue. Thank goodness my tears didn't fall until Mrs. Morel closed the classroom door. I could still see Delaney looking teary-eyed, but she was being a brave girl. I watched her through the window until I saw that she was okay. And then I boo-hooed all the way home! Those school hours usually fly by, but today, I thought it would never get to be time to pick her up! But when it came my turn in car line, she was all smiles! Thank goodness!! She said she had a good day and started telling me all about it!





1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I know that was so so hard for you. Probably harder for you than it was for Delaney. I know those hours just drug by.