This may be Delaney's best one yet! Last night, right before bed, which is usually when she has her brightest ideas, Delaney decided that she wanted to catch some bugs in a jar. Being the good, obeying mom that I am, I stuck her chosen jar out of the back door and happened to catch one small moth and two teeny-tiny somethings, maybe gnats. You would have thought I gave her a bag of gold, she was so excited! I warned her that bugs can't live very long in a jar with no air or food, but she said they'd be fine! She took her jar of bugs to the bathroom with her so they could watch her brush her teeth. Then her new friends helped her pick out night-night books!
When we called Ross to say goodnight, she told him all about her bug friends. He asked her what their names were, and after she thought a minute, she said the two little ones were named Rainbow Flower and the moth's name was Derek! Well, the bugs slept on the floor beside her bed and amazingly were still alive this morning! Unfortunately, when Delaney opened the jar to feed them a goldfish (!!) they flew away. But she wasn't too sad; she already has big plans to catch some more today!

2 comments:
Natalie this is so cute! I cant wait for Delaney to tell me all about this.I love reading your blog!!
So Baby Wose loves her bugs huh?? That child is so funny!
Post a Comment