Monday, September 8, 2008

Late Night Cafe

Friday night I had the whole crew at my house for a playdate after school. They all had such a good time together. The last thing they did before everybody went home was to play restaurant! They moved Delaney's kitchen into the living room and set up her little table. Camryn and Kenidy took the orders. Maybe because they are the only ones who can write! I'm sure I heard Delaney order a sweet tea!! It was actually the quietest they all were the entire night! Danielle and I hated to break up such sweet play time, but 8:30 is super late for my two! Spencer was probably asleep before Danielle got to her house! And Delaney couldn't go to sleep because she couldn't stop talking about letters! "Oh, mama, listen: uh, uh, uh--cup!" And I'd say, "Yes, cup does have a 'u' in it!". She has been learning all of her short vowel sounds at school. "Aah, aah, aah---cat" and "yes, cat does have an 'a' in it....let's go to sleep Delaney. It's late". "Mama, what letter does kitty start with? I'm gonna start calling my new cat a kitty because she's little." She picked out a "very expensive" (her words!) cat at the Dollar Tree for one of her surprises for getting smiley faces all week at school. On and on it went. I'm sure I was asleep before she was!

If you think Maddix's shoes look a little big for her, you'd be right! They're Delaney's! Maddix has a little bit of Aunt Roxanne in her---they are both shoe queens!!! Roxanne was famous when she was little for hiding her friends shoes when they came over! Maddix has been doing the same thing! First she puts them on and wears them for a while, then all of a sudden, you can't find them!


Here is the kitty cat I mentioned. I guess she was the special guest at Delaney's table. Delaney was making sure Spencer didn't get a hold of her!
Maddix and Fisher must've been the cooks!


No comments: