Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just sharing some of Delaney's school work

This is what Delaney was doing when I left her classroom this morning. Mrs. Morel always has a little opening activity for them to do while everybody is getting there. Sometimes they are playing with play-doh, which I think all of the kids love. This morning they were drawing with markers. Don't you all recognize Ross?!! He's the one with the standy-up hair in the lower right corner! The upper left corner is a lady bug.
I am so proud of her for learning to write her name! She had never written her name when school started, so I think she's come a long way in 5 weeks! (Even though the "a" is backwards!!)
Mrs. Morel writes their names in highlighter at the top of all of their papers and encourages them to trace it. At first, Delaney wasn't interested in tracing it, but I asked her one morning if she could please trace her name for me on her papers that day, and she's been doing it ever since! And now she can almost write it herself!

No comments: