(These pictures are terribly out of order! Ya'll know how I like to be organized! But I didn't take the time to get this post just perfect because I never know how long Spencer will nap! How dare he wake up and interrupt my blogging!)
Hurricane Ike was giving us some nice, cool breezes yesterday, so it was a great day for the kids to be outside. Isn't it amazing that Ike is headed for Dana in Houston, yet we can still feel the effects here. We are thinking about ya'll, Dana and Chris. We hope Ike is good to you!

We spotted this pretty rainbow among Ike's dark clouds. Mimi liked the way you could see bright blue sky just behind the dark clouds.
Spencer is almost as tall as Mae-Mae!
I know I have called Spencer "Bam-Bam" (you know, from the Flintstones!), but I believe that Maddix was pulling Delaney and Fisher in the wagon all by herself! Spencer pushed a little bit!
I thought this looked so pretty with the sun's rays shining through the clouds.
The boys' turn to swing!
We all had a good laugh at Mimi's cat Furball sitting up high on the swing set. I think she has finally found a place where the kids can't reach her. Although Maddix did try to throw a cup up at her!
Maddix kept saying, "Push me high, Aunt Natalie!".
I like to do "high-five-feet" when I am pushing the kids in the swing! It's something that I started when Delaney was little. I give the bottom of their feet a high-five as they swing close to me.

Delaney and Maddix laid claim to some of my and Danielle's old stuffed animals today. Delaney is holding Danielle's old puffalump. She took it home and is calling it her mouse. (It slept with us in bed last night, along with Carol Lamb, Winston Jr., and a clothes pin that Delaney got off of Mama's clothesline!) And Maddix is holding my old "Purple Demon"! What a horrible name! But I got him while we were on vacation one summer at Opryland. Opryland used to have a roller coaster called the "Screamin' Delta Demon". OOHHH I can just hear the rumbling of those wheels on that half-pipe-track! Remember, girls???!!! But Delaney called Purple Demon a Care Bear. She told me that I could call it whatever I wanted, but that it was actually a Care Bear! I didn't argue!
No one loves their grandchildren more than Mimi!

2 comments:
Great pics! I know the kids had a blast!
so cute!!!!
Post a Comment